Thursday, December 4, 2014

1000 Things I Hate: #5



#5. PEOPLE WHO USE KID LEASHES BECAUSE THEY ARE      CRAP PARENTS WHO SHOULD'VE JUST HAD DOGS

Let's just get something out of the way: If you use a leash to control your kid, or your vicious pack of wild children, then this may or may not be a good read for you. Please don't try to give me a good reason for why you do it. "But, Derrick! It's just so stressful when we go out in public!" "I'm just afraid that my kid may spontaneously run out into traffic!" Well, to you, Madam, I say, perhaps Darwin was onto something...


<------   Check out this uber example of douchebaggery to your left. "Life is sooo hectic. I mean, how could I ever walk my dog AND take my kid out... while I'm trying to order takeout? You can't expect me to make a phone call, walk my dog, AND pay attention to my kid all at the same time, do you?" No. No I do not, you cerebrally-challenged wad of incompetence. What I do expect is you to prioritize you life starting with leaving the damned dog at home, get off your fucking cell phone, and pay attention to your kid. I understand you probably went through the drunken trouble of all of 4.5 minutes to create that life, but it's here now and you are expected to be some kind of responsible for it.

Seriously, I know it's a hard-line stance here, but it just takes some common sense. Nearly every single person I see using these damned things are people who are too self-important, too concerned with what THEY, and not their child, are doing, or people who are just too lazy to put forth any effort to paying attention to their kids. Like the two winners posted below.
NOTE: These picture were not taken at or near a local Wal-Mart, but I couldn't argue a case that they were near one.



My point for this being a "Thing That I Hate" is this; kids are beings who need to be shown attention. By attention, I am not talking about the whoring, goin' clubbin' every night to find a hook-up, my-daddy-didn't-love-me attention that some of their parents need. I'm talking about attention that goes into explaining life's intricacies. Kids do not know until they are told. Take some time to tell them WHY you always say "please" and "thank you." Tell them HOW the magic doors open at the grocery store without having to use a handle or push a button! Talk to them about WHERE they would like to go, whether it be the zoo, or McDonald's, or a visit to Papaw and Granny's house. Discuss a time WHEN you made a mistake, recognized it, and corrected it (hopefully, it was that time you read this and decided to take off the leash that you had on them). And most importantly, talk to them about WHO they want to be when they grow up, not what they want to be. Being a compassionate, caring, loving, helpful, and responsible person is far more important than just letting them tell you they want to be a fireman. (That's a blog for another time.) Don't say I didn't warn you. One day you may be the next internet meme:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment